This vest keeps you warm, agile, and protected
- Flame resistant
- 4 way stretch fabric
- High fleece collar for added comfort and protection
- Three (3) zippered front pockets: one (1) on the chest, and two (2) "hand warmer" pockets"
- Velcro loop for name, rank, flag and unit tape
- US Army authorized as IWOL in FREE program
- Meets ASTM D 6413/F2302-03 for vertical flame resistance
- Tested in flash-fire simulations
- Made in USA
The flame retardant MassifTM Elments Vest has been designated by the US Army for inclusion into the FREE (Fire Resistant Environmental Ensemble) program as an IWOL (Intermediate Weather Outer Layer). This vest was designed to provide core warmth in cold weather and high activity scenarios. Trademarked Massif technology, and their proprietary knitting and finishing techniques were used to engineer this vest for maximum fire protection and durability while keeping the weight down, to maintain comfort and ease of use. The vest is meant to be worn over the uniform, and under tactical vests and body armor.
The triple layer fabric features a breathable windproof and waterproof membrane, and a fleece lined interior. In addition to the outer layer of flame resistant material, the fleece lining features Flamestretch technology patented by Massif, made from DuPont Nomex.