Hot pants that won't burn up
- Flame resistant construction
- Zippered hand-warmer pockets
- Lower leg cargo pockets
- 4 way stretch fabric
- Elastic waist
- Zipper fly
- Military approved as Light Weather Outer Layer in FREE program
- Meets ASTM D 6413/F2302-03 for flame resistance
- Tested in flash-fire simulations
- These Pants are meant to be worn over clothes/uniform and are sized accordingly
The flame resistant Massif™ Elements pants have been designated by the US Army for inclusion into the FREE (Fire Resistant Environmental Ensemble) program as an LWOL (Light Weather Outer Layer), designed to be worn over the uniform for extra warmth and protection. Trademarked Massif technology, and their proprietary knitting and finishing techniques were used to engineer this trouser for maximum fire protection and durability while keeping the weight down, to maintain comfort and ease of use.
The triple layer fabric features a breathable windproof and waterproof membrane, and a fleece lined interior. In addition to the outer layer of flame resistant material, the fleece lining features Flamestretch technology patented by Massif, made from DuPont Nomex. The trousers also feature calf-level cargo pockets for easy access even when strapped in, and knee-length boot zippers to allow putting on and taking off the trousers easily, over the uniform and boots.