Current US Military Issue Coat
- Durable Ripstop Nylon
- 3 Layer Wind Proof, Water Proof, Breathable Material
- Taped Seams
- Non-Freezing Two Way Zipper
- Double Storm Flap (Inner Zipper, Outer Velcro Type Closure)
- Over sized Visored Attached Hood with Velcro Type Tab for Back Adjustability
- Elastic Cord-Lock Tunnel in the Front to Tighten Hood
- Insignia/Badge Loop in Front
- Elastic Cuffed Sleeves with Velcro Type Tab for Adjustability
- Hideaway Collar for Hood Storage
- 2 Large Pass-Thru Zippered Front Middle Pockets to reach level 5 pockets
- Adjustable Waist Drawstring
- Lightweight, Easy to Pack
- Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP) SCORPION
- Genuine U.S. Military Issue
- Made in the U.S.A.
The US Army Generation III Level 6 Extreme Wet/Cold Weather Jacket is designed for use in moderate to cold and wet conditions as a hard shell layer combined with other base and insulating layers. This shell layer is designed to be worn as a waterproof barrier over other levels in conditions that alternate between freezing and thawing. It is constructed with two-layer Gore-Tex and seam-sealed throughout. The jacket provides an outstanding light-weight, completely waterproof, windproof and breathable level of protection against the elements with 50% less bulk than previous systems. You will not believe how light weight it is compared to the ECWCS Generation I and II Gore-Tex®. Level 6 also incorporates NIR* (near infrared signature reduction) technology further enhancing soldier survivability.
What is Near Infrared Textile Technology (NIR)? Used by the U.S. Department of Defense to prevent detection by NIR Image Converters. These photocathode devices do not detect temperatures, but rather infrared radiation variances. NIR-compliant uniforms use a special fabric that allows soldiers to appear at the same radiation level as the surrounding terrain, thus making them more difficult to detaect. NIR technology also make uniforms less visible in low-light environments by reducing the reflection of light.
Wrong item and used
Ordered the scorpion ocp goretex. Multicam showed up. Item also looked and smelled used. Really disappointed with McGuire. Would give zero stars if possible.